The CurePSP Center of Care network was established in 2017 with the goal of connecting people diagnosed with progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP), corticobasal degeneration (CBD) or multiple system atrophy (MSA) to the best possible clinical care to support their disease management and quality of life. Medical centers have been designated a CurePSP Center of Care through eligibility criteria centered around leadership in specialized therapies and treatment options, comprehensive support services and clinical research dedicated to PSP, CBD and MSA. There are currently 31 CurePSP Centers of Care in the United States and 2 in Canada, and CurePSP aims to expand this foundational care network in the coming years.
Improving diagnosis, treatment and support for rare neurodegenerative diseases
Supporting the PSP, CBD and MSA community through regional leadership, outreach and resource sharing
Serving as advocates and educators for patients, families, healthcare professionals and policymakers
Partnering with CurePSP and the Center of Care network to enhance care and research
Mission of the CurePSP Centers of Care Program:
- Enhance access to accurate and early diagnosis, high-quality and state-of-the-art clinical care, and comprehensive support for PSP, CBD and MSA.
- Serve as regional leaders and resources for those affected by PSP, CBD and MSA and healthcare professionals.
- Increase awareness of PSP, CBD and MSA among patients, families, healthcare professionals, policymakers, and local and larger communities.
- Promote collaboration within the CoC network to optimize standards of care delivery for PSP, CBD and MSA and to create opportunities for multi-center research initiatives.
The CurePSP Collaborative Approaches to Resources, Education and Support (CARES) grant program was launched in 2022 to foster partnerships within the center network through a shared goal of understanding and addressing the unmet care meets of the atypical parkinsonism community.
CARES projects must:
- Involve at least two CurePSP Centers of Care
- Focus on one or more of the following areas relating to PSP, CBD and/or MSA:
- Studying of innovative and person/family-centered diagnostic services, assessment, and/or therapeutic, rehabilitative, mental health or palliative care
- Formulating and evaluating ways to improve access to care for presently underserved populations (e.g., racial or gender differences in lived experiences, health literacy, isolated communities)
- Educating the medical community in best practices in diagnosis and treatment
- Addressing other high priority needs identified by the Centers of Care
- Be designed to produce measurable, generalizable and publishable data
Best Practices in the Clinical Management of Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and Corticobasal Syndrome
In 2021, the CurePSP Center of Care network published a consensus statement on the pharmacological and multidisciplinary management of PSP and CBS in the prestigious peer-reviewed journal, Frontiers in Neurology.
For Healthcare Professionals
We will update this page once the next application deadline for Center of Care designation has been determined. For any questions, please email Jessica Shurer, MSW, LCSW, Director of Clinical Affairs and Advocacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org
See criteria for CurePSP Center of Care designation here.
For current Centers of Care or other healthcare professionals, to order CurePSP printed materials for your clinic, please complete this order form or contact Kelsey Woods, Community Resource Manager, at email@example.com.